Definition is run by Gavin Learmonth, British World Cup / Olympic Snowboard Team coach 2004-10 and one of Britains highest qualified snowboard instructors. Due to his impressive profile he can challenge you and progress your riding whatever your level.
Gavin has been riding for 14 years. He started skiing at the age of 10 and after mastering the skiis quickly progressed to snowboarding!
He has an amazing track record, he holds the highest internationally recognised teaching qualification, It all started from teaching on the dry slopes of Scotland but soon changed to teaching in Canada and Andorra. He returned to run the Snow School at Milton Keynes Sno! Zone and set up the MK Junior snowboard squad. Under Gavs tuition the squad cleaned up at the AIM series and the British Championships! His success was soon noticed and he was asked to coach the British Junior Snowboard Team and eventually coach the British World Cup Halfpipe Team. Travelling the world with the Team and coaching them at the 2006 Winter Olympics.
More recently Gav has turned his skills to performance course, helping riders fine tune their skills and tutoring Snowboard instructors.
Results as a coach
- The Brits junior winners Boys and girls
- The Junior Worlds Topolino First UK rider to podium
- Europa cup First Male snowboarder to win the overall
- Europa cup second over all female
- 2 members of my team make the Turin 2006 Olympic games
- IASI Head Trainer (Irish Association of Snow Sports Instructors)
- IASI board of Directors (Snowboard & Freestyle director for Ireland)
- IASI Level 4
- BASI Teacher
- UKCP Tutor
- Snow Sports Scotland Tutor
- Snow Sports England Tutor
- Snow Sports Wales Tutor
- Snowboard Performance Coach
- IASI off piste security
He is well respected with Full CRB checks, first and and off piste Mountain safety qualifications…